Import a sample business
If you’d like to experiment with a sample business, you can import a fictitious company called Northwind. Northwind is a trading company selling food to customers all over the world. Manager has a lot of modules and the way Northwind is using Manager is just one of the many examples of how Manager can suit custom business requirements.
Northwind is using Manager to:
- Track supplier invoices to know how much it owes to suppliers
- Issue invoices to customers and track how much customers owe to Northwind
- Monitor stock levels and measure profit margins on all inventory items
- Generate financial statements
Download the fictitious company Northwind so it is stored on your disk:
Then under the Businesses tab:
Click Add Business, then select Import Backup:
Click Browse to select the file named Northwind.manager which you have previously downloaded. Then click Import Backup button:
You will be taken to the screen listing your businesses, including Northwind:
Click on Northwind to open it so you can explore it:
Points of interest
- You can click on each tab to see how invoices and other transactions have been created.
- Have a look at financial statements such as Profit and Loss Statement or Balance Sheet under the Reports tab.
- Have a look at customer or supplier reports such as Aged Receivables, Aged Payables, Customer Statements or Supplier Statements also under the Reports tab.
- Enter new transactions or edit existing transactions to see how those actions affect individual balances on reports.
You can always delete a sample business and re-import a new one or have multiple sample businesses side-by-side.